Thursday, August 1, 2013

A little more hand-dyeing experimentation


Recently we purchased a small amount of this gorgeous long pile frosted choc mohair for a custom order. I ordered a little more then I actually needed so I could have a play with the left overs.

We dropped the remnant piece into a pot of 'Hermitage' coloured dye, and let it sit for a few hours.

This was the resulting, very rich colour!



This shows the two pink-dyed bears next to the original frosted custom bear. The colouring has made such a huge difference to the fur effect.


The two 10" bears we made from the dyed remnant piece are now listed in our etsy store, and I must say I'm really pleased with the look of the pink on choc. At the moment both Mirielle 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 are available. 




No comments:

Post a Comment